Sunday, March 15, 2009

quality work

24 hour ski was a bust on the fun and wild side, for the most part. Saturday I came up early as usual, shredding by the openings of the chairs. Not really any new snow, yet. It took a while for anyone to really get there. A lot of people were supposed to show up and party but I guess not snowboarding and partying all night is cooler. Laaaaame, oh well. All Saturday our snow crue was reduced to Jesse, Jack, Sean, and me. Jeff and Kelly came up by like, midnight, but by then I was too tired to snowboard with them that night. There was a bit of smoking, drifting cars in the snowy parking lot, heavy snow, funny wasted minors, angry people trying to sleep, and fun. We made do with what we had. There were some fun people up there, just not the usual hang out brahs. It snowed way hard all night, every run there was a fresh layer to cut. Swollen ankle and big bruised shin.
Went to sleep at 3ish, slept shitty, woke up at 6:30ish. About two and a half feet of powder to kill. We destroyed it all day, as tired as we were. I realized that I really want a rocker board, next season maybe. Jeff has a Signal Park Rocker and that looks way butteryer and funner than all the other company's. Also, staying the night in the lodge and waking up to the fresh snow with my friends kind of invigorated my dreams of renting out a house at a ski resort. Anyone who wants to move near an awesome resort with me, holler. I don't think I could live anywhere that requires a drive over an hour and a half to a ski resort.

No comments:

Post a Comment