Friday, February 20, 2009

dead man running

Film photography is becoming obsolete. I've denied this for so long, and I've now admitted it to myself. Everyone is selling their darkroom equipment on craigslist and switching to a DSLR and laptop. This is nice for some projects, but my new project is to scoop up one sweet enlarger set up and give it a new home in my basement. I visited my old photography teacher, Mr. Prout, today and it was way fun. He gave me a catalog to order really cheap printing supplies from, as well as advice on building my own dark room. I went to pick up one of my prints that he had displayed somewhere dumb, but I ended up not taking it home due to its size and the fact that he uses it as an exaple now.
Mr. Prout told me of his new teaching plans for next trimester's intermediate/advanced zero period class. Film=plastic Holga cameras, digital=cell phone cameras. Back to the shitty basics. I think its awesome. Caitlin Malone is in the class I visited today, she's cool. At one point she told me to "Sit yo ass down!" This is said to be the "blackest thing she's ever said."

After school got out we had a Coca-Chola skate and filming session. It was quite productive, very professional. If David can throw one together we might have a trailer for our upcoming video soon. Apparently a nice video camera and dudes skating attracts random people to come over, hang out and skate with you. This has happened multiple times while filming, they usually end up being better than us to.

I'm wearing fuzzy slipper-boot-things my sister got me a couple christmases ago and listening to the Black Breath record on repeat. Shits good.


I'm going to be in Seattle on Monday.
I'm trying to making California plans and everything is difficult and complicated. Someone in SF let me stay with you.

1 comment: