Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Telephone Lines

A text from Alicia woke me up this morning. I really like being woken up by the sound of getting a text rather than an alarm clock. Its much less annoying and I am more interested in what it says and who it is. So feel free to text me early in the morning, I won't mind. I texted all throughout the morning and then got and unexpected awesome surprise in the form of a phone call from Alicia. I was shocked to say the least, but it was really really cool. We haven't talked on the phone since I was last in San Francisco, and I think its only happened like 4 times lol. Well that was a fun 15 minute conversation. It was established Rodney and I talk the same and say similar funny phrases. Thats quite a compliment, he's funny as fuck. This call: highlight of my day!

Well the snow melted away for the most part today, that kind of sucked. Its still supposed to be snowing in the mountains though. Righteous! My parents are gone and in Seattle, where I wish I was. I want to move out pretty bad, I don't know where to live or who to live with though.

I wrote a letter back to Nikki last night and put some totally sweet things in the envelope. It was sent off today. Speaking of stuff like that, Alicia should send that best ever care package this way so I can compile one twice as good. hahaha

The dudes at Valley Cycle took forever to work on my wheel today, but at least they got it done. And they did a good job too. Thanks Axel. Getting this wheel back was the final piece in my single speed road bike build up machine. Its finally done, built with spare parts I had laying around, bought nothing specifically for this.
My bikes:
fixed gear.


single speed.


At some point today I downloaded this:


New Found Glory's new upcoming album. It leaked a few days ago, but I still can't wait to buy it. I've been bumping this all day. I really like it. I'm glad they took a more pop punk direction as opposed to hardcore. Tip Of The Iceberg wasn't one of their best releases because of that and the whole International Superheroes Of Hardcore thing just sucks. Anyway, it was produced by Mark Hoppus of Blink 182 fame. Who, on a side note, are getting the fuck back together! I really want to see NFG on this next tour, the other bands on the lineup aren't that hot but its whatever, they never are. IMO it sounds more like they Self Titled and Sticks and Stones, which is totally awesome. Fuck yeah, I dig this, if you dig NFG, you should dig this too, dig it out of the internet, then dig up some change and dig it out of a record store.

No comments:

Post a Comment